The Alcatel-Lucent® OmniSwitch™ 6400 family is a set of stackable layer 2+ Gigabit Ethernet local area network (LAN) switches. The compact, low-power, eco-friendly OmniSwitch 6400 family is a highly available, easily managed set of switches that can be implemented with the widely deployed Alcatel-Lucent Operating Software (AOS). The OmniSwitch 6400 family is ideal for small and medium-sized campus, branch offices and residential or business services as an Ethernet demarcation device (EDD).
OmniSwitch 6400 family
Non-PoE> (Power-over-Ethernet) models
- OmniSwitch 6400-24
- OmniSwitch 6400-48
- OmniSwitch 6400-P24
- OmniSwitch 6400-P48
- OmniSwitch 6400-U24
- OmniSwitch 6400-U24D
Multi-layered security The OmniSwitch 6400 family provides multi-layer security. The switches also offer a range of features including user authentication, quarantine virtual local area networks (VLANs), access control lists, encryption and denial of service protection. Advanced network policies For secured and converged networks, the OmniSwitch 6400 family offers advanced network policies ensuring users and applications receive the priority and performance they need. Manageability Alcatel-Lucent OmniVistaTM is a comprehensive set of network management applications and tools that can manage the OmniSwitch 6400 switches. Universally supported across Alcatel-Lucent enterprise networking devices, OmniVistaTM allows managers to monitor network activity, configure and troubleshoot devices and manage an entire network from a single platform. Scalability The OmniSwitch 6400 family easily scales from small to mid-sized enterprises. Server aggregation With high performance and a rich feature set in a compact format, the OmniSwitch 6400 family is ideal for space-limited SMB data centers. Redundancy By providing true redundancy, the switches ensure a reliable network for converged applications. Lowest Power consumption Alcatel-Lucent designs all of its switches to be “green”. These environmentally-friendly switches promote eco-sustainability by offering the lowest power consumption rates available in most markets. The OmniSwitch 6400 family is compliant with environmental standards including RoHS (the restriction of the use of certain hazardous substances in electrical and electronic equipment), the WEEE (waste electrical and electronic equipment) directive and NEBS (network equipment-building system) Level 3.
The OmniSwitch 6400 family is a secure, stackable set of switches that provide powerful, easy to manage, cost effective access to the metropolitan area network (metro). The OmniSwitch 6400 family features:
- Advanced layer 2 (L2) features with basic layer 3 (L3) routing,
- The possibility to combine standard copper, PoE and small form factor pluggable (SFP) fibers within a single stack,
- Redundant stacking links, chassis management module (CMM) failover, hot swappable primary/secondary power (PoE) and secondary power (non-PoE) models, and image rollback to automatically re-load previous configurations and software versions,
- Wire-rate switching and routing at gigabit speeds to support real-time voice, data and video applications,
- 10 gigabit stacking capability for virtual chassis redundancy,
- Quality of service (QoS) and access control lists (ACL) for traffic control,
- Native IPv4 and IPv6 support at no additional cost,
- Full support of OmniVista 2500 and 2700 and WebView management applications,
- Flexible 802.1X authentication and full support for CrystalSec applications,
- Metro access features including VLAN stacking, operations, administration and maintenance (OAM) support and IPTV multicast VLANs.